[openstack-dev] [Blazar] knock-knock-knock

Pierre Riteau priteau at uchicago.edu
Thu Oct 20 12:43:31 UTC 2016

On 20 Oct 2016, at 11:05, Hiroaki Kobayashi <kobayashi.hiroaki at lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:

> Hi blazar folks,
>
> I'm interested in Blazar projet for OPNFV Promise usecase, but it looks not active now based on github history [1]. If possible, I want to re-activate the project. To ask current status of the project, who should I contact to?
>
> I'm going to Barcelona summit next week. If any developer of Blazar is also in there, I'd like to meet them.
>
> 1. https://github.com/openstack/blazar
>
> best regards,
> Hiroaki

Hello Hiroaki,

I was just going to send a similar message! I would also like to meet with anyone interested in Blazar.

I am working on the Chameleon testbed [0] which uses Blazar for reservation of physical nodes. To my knowledge, we may very well be the only user of Blazar in production.
There was a renewal of interest about a year ago [1] which led to a code update by Sylvain Bauza and Ildiko Vancsa.

There’s a lot more to do though. It’s been a very busy year for me, which has prevented me from contributing back our patches to Blazar. Recently I have been working on updating the Tempest tests to run correctly, but it’s a slow process.
I also noticed that a trivial change recently proposed [2] fails to pass Jenkins checks: it seems to be caused by new default jobs in Zuul which fail with the current Blazar code.

I invite you to join the Scientific Working Group BOF on Wednesday [3] where there should be other people interested in Blazar.

[0] https://www.chameleoncloud.org
[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-August/073113.html
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/375733/
[3] https://www.openstack.org/summit/barcelona-2016/summit-schedule/events/16779/scientific-working-group-bof-and-poster-session