[openstack-dev] Event notification descriptors/schemas (? swagger ?)

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Tue Oct 11 20:23:36 UTC 2016

On Tue, 11 Oct 2016, Joshua Harlow wrote:

> Damn, that's crazy that the projects emitting events don't want to own the
> formats and versions (and schemas) that they emit. That is ummm, like ummm,
> what the, ha, words can't describe... And the fact that nothing much has
> changed since kilo, ya, also a what the...

Nova started with versioning and schematizing notifications with
this blueprint:

    https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/versioned-notification-api

That's sort of in the realm of what's being discussed here, but
centralized in nova for now.

I agree that siloing the stuff in the code is bad in the long term,
but I guess it is good that it has started somewhere.

--
Chris Dent               ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)        https://anticdent.org/