[openstack-dev] Event notification descriptors/schemas (? swagger ?)

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Tue Oct 11 16:29:22 UTC 2016

On 10/10/16 04:48 PM, Joshua Harlow wrote:

> So the question started to be raised of is there a documented
> format/schema for the events that are being emitted from <all the
> various services> (there seems to be some at
> http://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/notifications.html)?

we have something to this extent in Ceilometer Events[1]. it's basically
some version of StackTach as it was the original work to integrate the two.

the actual schemas are housed in a giant definition file[2]. this was
suppose to be split into multiple files but see: "bigger issues, no
resources". originally, i had hoped that the services could each manage
their own file but we got some push back on that[3] but it's still
something i'd hope we could do.

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/developer/ceilometer/events.html
[2]
https://github.com/openstack/ceilometer/blob/master/etc/ceilometer/event_definitions.yaml