[openstack-dev] [all][tc] Allowing Teams Based on Vendor-specific Drivers

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 19:14:37 UTC 2016

On 11/28/2016 01:33 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> I'm raising this as an issue because it's not just a hypothetical
> problem. The Cisco networking driver team, having been removed from
> the Neutron stadium, is asking for status as a separate official
> team [1]. I would very much like to find a way to say "yes, welcome
> (back)!"

These questions are to the Cisco networking team.

What value do *you* think you derive from being an official OpenStack
project team?

What value do you believe OpenStack *users* would get from you being an
official OpenStack project team?

If you are *not* accepted as an official OpenStack project team, what
actual impact would that have on OpenStack users, if any?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Best,
-jay