[openstack-dev] [vitrage] about aodh alarm notification

Yujun Zhang zhangyujun+zte at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 03:23:51 UTC 2016

Hi, Alexey

My comments inline.

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 1:52 AM Weyl, Alexey (Nokia - IL) <
alexey.weyl at nokia.com> wrote:

> Hi Dong,
>

> I can think of 2 solutions for this problem:
>
> 1.       We can talk with the AODH developers and check if they can add
> additional data for the aodh notifications.

I think it might not be easily accepted since sending only the changes on
update notification looks more reasonable to me.

> 2.       We can add a cache in the aodh driver, and call the get_all
> method in the AodhDriver constructor or when the first notification happens
> and fill the cache with the data. Then for each notification that arrives
> you  will update that cache in the aodh notification service, and send then
> event with all the data you need.

I doubt this will degrade the performance for the first notification since
there will be additional conversation to retrieve the full data.

My proposal is to share a cache between snapshot service and listener
service and I think it is a common requirements for all datasource using
PUSH method.