[openstack-dev] [tripleo] containerized compute CI status

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Sun Nov 20 23:31:53 UTC 2016

Hey Wes,

Thanks for this update, really useful.

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 4:20 PM, Wesley Hayutin <whayutin at redhat.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I wanted to send a status update on the containerized compute CI, this is
> still very much a work in progress and is not yet working end to end.  I'm
> hoping by sending this out early in the process we'll all benefit from
> developing the CI as the feature is developed.

Awesome! I've been planning to work on $topic after my PTOs and I'm
glad we have some help here. The current status of Container CI job is
very bad, broken and needs some love.
Is there anything you engaged already about using oooq + this new role
in our upstream CI?

> Everything you'll need to know to use this is documented here [1], I have
> two issues that I'm filling out details on [2]
>
> Any feedback w/ regards to the role, the documentation or in general is
> welcome.  I hope if you try this, you find it easy to understand and develop
> with.

In the future, we might want to avoid new modules/roles/whatever
things related to TripleO living outside OpenStack governance, so it
helps to involve TripleO reviewers more easily and bring more
visibility, transparency and consistency in how we work.
Let me know what you think.

> Thank you!
>

> [1]
> https://github.com/redhat-openstack/ansible-role-tripleo-overcloud-prep-containers/