[openstack-dev] [kolla] Obtaining version information for Docker container

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Fri Nov 18 11:51:27 UTC 2016

Zhu,

This isn’t the first time this question has been asked :)

Since this is a technical matter, I’ve copied openstack-dev for a wider audience.  I don’t have a clear solution to obtaining version manifests for container content or the upstream container version.  Perhaps someone in our broader community may have an answer.

The best I’ve got is we could add a general shell command that can be run with docker exec to obtain a proper version manifest of both 1 and 2 (formatted in YAML or plaintext).  This could be placed in the base container image to enable a general diagnostic and certificate of origin tool.

Perhaps someone has a better solution?

Regards
-steve