[openstack-dev] [tc][kolla] Ansible module with GPLv3

Ian Cordasco sigmavirus24 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 20:34:29 UTC 2016

-----Original Message-----
From: Michał Jastrzębski <inc007 at gmail.com>
Date: November 14, 2016 at 09:54:48
Subject:  Re: [openstack-dev] [tc][kolla] Ansible module with GPLv3

> Logistically it would be best to make this one file GPLv3. No other
> files would need to be GPLv3 in Kolla as this is only one that will be
> derivative, rest of Kolla will be safe because of subprocess
> separation. Who would be able to say whether or not it's possible to
> put single GPLv3 file into otherwise ASL repository? We don't have any
> other project with multiple licenses in it? What would LICENSE file in
> github show? Do we need to mention parts of GPL there?

How something displays on GitHub should be the very last concern any OpenStack project has.

GitHub is not the canonical source of truth for an OpenStack project, https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/<project> is. The questions here should be purely legal, not how something displays on a mirrored location.

--
Ian Cordasco