[openstack-dev] [manila] spec detail of IPv6's export locations

TommyLike Hu tommylikehu at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 03:03:12 UTC 2016

Hey manila memebers and driver maintainers,
          I wanna set up an new thread to talk about the proper and better
exprienced way for both end users and drivers who want use or support IPv6
in manila, and I wish this can be discussed and optimised before the
spec[1] can get ready to the next review.
         The issue was initial raise by Ben Swartzlander on the manila IPv6
spec[1] (please check PS9 line 56), and this draft only state the
export_location part which is currently fully focused in the spec.

*proposed changes**(Based on Bens' comments)** are below*:
1.  Add new share type extra_spec 'ip_version' that can indicate the access
ip version:
  * ip_version = '4' or '6' or '4&6'*. default without declaration is '4'.
2. Drivers have to report the capabilties with the ip versions that it can
support, the capability is report
   in the form: *support_ip_versions = '4' or '6' or '4&6'*. default
without override is '4'
3. The ip versions of share type's, driver supported's and share network's
will be all checked whether
   they matched before the creating of new share.
4. Driver will export the locations according the share-network's ip
version.
5. (About access rules)the ip versions of share type's and access host's
will be also checked.

Please leave any comments about your concern or just which is not clear or
missed  here.

Thanks
TommyLike.Hu

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/362786/9/specs/ocata/manila-ipv6.rst