[openstack-dev] Can openstack/jacket be removed now?

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Nov 4 20:41:57 UTC 2016

The jacket project was added to project-config several months ago:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/263500/

To date it's more wiki:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Jacket

Than code:

https://github.com/openstack/jacket/commits/master

Given the platform9/omni [1] stuff demo'ed at the Ocata summit is
essentially the same idea (drivers that proxy to public clouds like
AWS), and jacket has no involvement, can we just drop it now?

I just don't like it because it causes confusion about solutions like
this in OpenStack which don't actually even have code, and it comes up
from time to time when talking about adding virt drivers like this into
Nova.

[1] https://github.com/platform9/openstack-omni

Matt Riedemann