[openstack-dev] [release][ptl][all] proposed change to Ocata final release date

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Wed Nov 2 20:05:08 UTC 2016

One piece of feedback the release team received during the summit
was that downstream packagers would benefit from having more time
during the final release week to prepare the packages after we tag
the final versions of projects using milestone-based releases. To
help them out, we would like to move the final release date from
Thursday 23 Feb to Wednesday 22 Feb.

I don't expect a lot of impact on project teams, since the release
team discourages release candidates for a day or two before the
final release anyway and we create the final tag from an existing
release candidate.  However, if you feel strongly that this would
have a negative effect on your project, please comment on the review [1].

Thanks,
Doug

[1] https://review.openstack.org/392948