[openstack-dev] [keystone] orchestration and db_sync

Sheel Rana Insaan ranasheel2000 at gmail.com
Fri May 27 16:21:55 UTC 2016

Hi Ryan,

>    - Create the service's users and add a password into the databse
>    - Sync the service with the database
>    - Start the service
If I am right, these are one time activity...during installation stage..
one does not need to create "service users" again and again during service
start.

>Or maybe the service runs a db_sync every time
is starts?
No, service start does not run db_sync.
I think only service status is updated in db during service start(i am not
talking specific to keystone...just general behavior).

What is requirement for db_sync each time service starts?

Best Regards,
Sheel Rana