[openstack-dev] [keystone] orchestration and db_sync

Ryan Hallisey rhallise at redhat.com
Fri May 27 16:08:41 UTC 2016

Hi all,

When orchestrating an openstack service from nothing, there are a few steps that
need to occur before you have a running service assuming the database already exists.

    - Create the service's users and add a password into the databse
    - Sync the service with the database
    - Start the service

I was wondering if for some services they could be aware of whether or not they need
to sync with the database at startup.  Or maybe the service runs a db_sync every time
is starts?  I figured I would start a thread about this because Keystone has some
flexibility when running N+1 in a cluster of N. If Keystone could have that
that ability maybe Keystone could db_sync each time it starts without harming the
cluster?

It may be wishful thinking, but I'm curious to hear more thought about the topic.

Thanks,
Ryan