[openstack-dev] [Kuryr] Docker failed to add an existed network with GW interface already created

Vikas Choudhary choudharyvikas16 at gmail.com
Fri May 27 08:32:44 UTC 2016

Hi Liping Mao,

Please find my response inline. If still not clear or i am wrong somewhere
please let me know.

Regards
Vikas

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 10:37 AM, 毛立平 <maoliping455 at 163.com> wrote:

> Hi Irena,
>
> Thanks for your comments.
>
> Currently, kuryr will create gw port with owner kuryr:container, but this
> GW can't work obviously.

In current code, as per my understanding, we are not creating gw port. If
there are no pre-existing subnets and request for gw address is received,
this 'if' condition
<https://github.com/openstack/kuryr/blob/master/kuryr/controllers.py#L1118>
will not met and no gw port will be created.

As the bug is saying, issue is there if there are pre-existing subnets and
this if condition
<https://github.com/openstack/kuryr/blob/master/kuryr/controllers.py#L1118>
met. In this case it is creating a port for gw address which is not
expected.
To fix this we can add logic for checking if it is gw address request
(using "request_type") before this if condition and in case it is then
verify if requested address is same as subnet gateway address. If not same
two choices:
1) Either return to the libnetwork this actual subnet gw in response.
(Antoni suggestion)
   OR
2) Raise an exception as docker users request cannot be met.