[openstack-dev] [keystone][oslo][designate][zaqar][nova][swift] using pylibmc instead of python-memcached

Morgan Fainberg morgan.fainberg at gmail.com
Fri May 13 15:50:28 UTC 2016

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 6:23 AM, Mehdi Abaakouk <sileht at sileht.net> wrote:

> On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 02:58:08PM +0200, Julien Danjou wrote:
>
>> What's wrong with pymemcache, that we picked for tooz and are using for
>> 2 years now?
>>
>>  https://github.com/pinterest/pymemcache
>>

> Looks like a good alternative.
>
> --
> Mehdi Abaakouk
> mail: sileht at sileht.net
> irc: sileht

pymemcache is not drop-in replacement for python-memcached, but the cost to
wire it up to dogpile is effectively a 1-time cost and would need to be
done in general for the way keystone / keystonemiddleware works. It isn't
unreasonable to go with this option.

pymemcache used to have glaring holes in capabilities, but it seems it is
mostly up to par now.

--Morgan