[openstack-dev] [heat] [grenade] need for a testing phase?

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Thu May 12 18:50:03 UTC 2016

I just discovered this -
https://github.com/openstack/heat/blob/fed92fdd6e5a14ea658621375e528f1c0cbde944/devstack/upgrade/resources.sh#L41
in looking at why - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/315501/ did not
pass on gate-grenade-dsvm-heat-nv

Overloading resource create with a base smoke test is definitely not the
way you want to use that interface (especially as we just changed things
so there is a phase before that that might muck you up).

It seems like the problem at hand is loading a different bit of
validation code at the end of the base / target phase.

Would a validate.sh (base|target) work for you all here?

The above patch to grenade will be merged soon to unblock ironic's
upgrade efforts. I'm happy to carve off another interface here if this
is the root cause of the failure, though I'm not hugely sure why that
would be. Please let me know.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague