[openstack-dev] [release] Release countdown for week R-20, May 16-20

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu May 12 18:26:47 UTC 2016

Focus
-----

Teams should have published summaries from summit sessions to the
openstack-dev mailing list and should be working on spec writing and
review for priority features for this cycle.

General Notes
-------------

I've proposed a patch to the release tools to change the tag in
release announcement emails from "release" to "new". Please comment
on https://review.openstack.org/#/c/312762 if you have any thoughts
about that.

The release cycle model tags now say explicitly that the release
team manages releases, which may require changes to process or
tags depending on what teams want to do. I will be reviewing
the ACLs on all affected repositories over the coming weeks. See
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/308045/ for details.

Release Actions

Release liaisons should add their name and contact information to
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/CrossProjectLiaisons#Release_management

New liaisons should familiarize themselves with the release instructions
in the README file in openstack/releases. Follow up here on the mailing
list if you have questions about the expectations for liaisons for the
first milestone.

Project teams that want to change their release model should do so before
the first milestone, coming up in week R-18.

Important Dates