[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Getting rid of lazy init for engine facade

Roman Podoliaka rpodolyaka at mirantis.com
Wed May 11 13:58:14 UTC 2016

Hi Anna,

Thank you for working on this in Neutron!

EngineFacade is initialized lazily internally - you don't have to do
anything for that in Neutron (you *had to* with "old" EngineFacade -
this is the boiler plate your patch removes).

I believe, you should be able to call configure(...) unconditionally
as soon as you have parsed the config files. Why do you want to
introduce a new conditional?

Moreover, if you only have connections to one database (unlike Nova,
which also has Cells databases), you don't need to call configure() at
all - EngineFacade will read the values of config options registered
by oslo.db on the first attempt to get a session / connection.

Thanks,
Roman