[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Getting rid of lazy init for engine facade

Anna Kamyshnikova akamyshnikova at mirantis.com
Wed May 11 13:41:03 UTC 2016

Hi guys!

I'm working on adoption of new engine facade from oslo.db for Neutron [1].
This work requires us to get rid of lazy init for engine facade. [2] I
propose change [3] that adds configure_db parameter which is False by
default, so if work with db will be required configure_db=True should be
passed manually.

*NOTE: *this will affect all external repos depending on Neutron!

I'm considering making this argument mandatory to force every project
depending on this function explicitly make a decision there.

I want to encourage reviewers to take a look at this change and l'm looking
forward all suggestions.

[1] - https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1520719
[2] -
http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/oslo-specs/specs/kilo/make-enginefacade-a-facade.html