[openstack-dev] Team blogs

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Mon May 9 23:33:48 UTC 2016

On 10 May 2016 at 10:55, Anita Kuno <anteaya at anteaya.info> wrote:
> On 05/09/2016 06:45 PM, Robert Collins wrote:
>> IIRC mediawiki provides RSS of changes... maybe just using the wiki
>> more would be a good start, and have zero infra costs?
>>
>> -Rob
>
> Well we are actually moving away from the wiki. Currently new accounts
> are closed due to spammers using new accounts to spam the wiki. There
> was not a whole lot of support in the room when we had the design summit
> session on it:
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/newton-infra-wiki-upgrades for
> continuing the wiki. The support was for moving away from the wiki, so
> that is what we have agreed to do.
>
> We have some action items on the list including assessing current use of
> the wiki and what kinds of items would present challenges as we move
> away from it. The time line for the move is a year-ish but we really are
> not enthused about new things moving onto the wiki at this time.

Thanks for the session link. From what I can tell it was advertised as
being about wiki upgrades - something few folk who are not
contributing to infra already are likely to attend, but ended up
actually being about not-having-a-wiki, something which I think is a
broad community question.

What would be needed for infra to revisit the decision to deprecate
the wiki, given the apparent interest from Nova and Swift to have one?

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hpe.com>
Distinguished Technologist