[openstack-dev] [neutron] [designate] multi-tenancy in Neutron's DNS integration

Mike Spreitzer mspreitz at us.ibm.com
Mon May 9 18:18:54 UTC 2016

I just read
http://docs.openstack.org/mitaka/networking-guide/adv-config-dns.html and,
unless I missed something, it seems to be describing something that is not
multi-tenant.  I am focused on FQDNs for Neutron Ports.  For those, only
the "hostname" part (the first label, in official DNS jargon) is
controllable by the Neutron user, the rest of the FQDN is fixed in Neutron
configuration.  Have I got that right?  If so then I am surprised.  I
would have expected something that isolates tenants (projects) from one
another.  Is there any interest in such a thing?

Thanks,
Mike