[openstack-dev] Ansible inventory - Would you need another inventory system for your openstack cloud and how would you like it to be?

Jean-Philippe Evrard jean-philippe at evrard.me
Mon May 9 14:27:37 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

I am using ansible for some time now, and I think the current default Ansible inventory system is lacking a few features, at least when working on an OpenStack cloud - whether it's for its deployment, its support or its usage.
I'm thinking of developing a new inventory, based on (openstack-)ansible experience.

I started an etherpad [1], listing what I personnally expect from a proper ansible inventory system for OpenStack. Therefore, if you worked on ansible/inventory systems before, I'd be happy to have a return of your experience. So if you think about features you like/dislike in the way ansible fits your workflow for OpenStack, please write it down on the etherpad! (or vote for the things you really like).

I think all the results from this etherpad could be either used for ansible upstream or for the openstack-ansible project, so that's why I'm spamming here. Thank for your help!

Best regards,

Jean-Philippe Evrard

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/openstack-ansible-inventory-ideas