[openstack-dev] [nova] Should be instance_dir in all nova compute node same ?

Murray, Paul (HP Cloud) pmurray at hpe.com
Wed May 4 10:54:42 UTC 2016

The instance path is assumed to be the same everywhere. When using libvirt to do cold migration/resize the source host creates the instance directory on the target host using ssh and then copies the files to it using scp. So the target host doesn’t even get to determine where its own files are created. (note: this is one of the security flaws we intend to remove in the libvirt storage pools work).