[openstack-dev] [nova] Should be instance_dir in all nova compute node same ?

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Wed May 4 05:15:57 UTC 2016

I can't think of a reason. In fact its a bit warty because we've changed
the way we name the instance directories at least once. Its just how this
code was written back in the day.

Cleaning this up would be a fair bit of work though. Is it really worth the
effort just so people can have different directory names for some undefined
reason?

Michael

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 9:03 AM, Ghe Rivero <ghe.rivero at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any specific reason why this is require that way? or just a
> "feature"?
>
> Ghe Rivero
>

> On 03/05/16 11:42, Matthew Booth wrote:
>
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 2:47 AM, Eli Qiao <liyong.qiao at intel.com> wrote:
>
>> hi team,
>>
>> Is there any require that all compute node's instance_dir should be same?
>>

> Yes. This is assumed in many places, certainly in cold migration/resize.
>
> Matt
> --
> Matthew Booth
> Red Hat Engineering, Virtualisation Team
>
> Phone: +442070094448 (UK)

Rackspace Australia