[openstack-dev] [Nova] Could you tell me the best way to develop openstack in Windows?

Sam Matzek matzeksam at gmail.com
Mon May 2 12:10:44 UTC 2016

For reading the code I use Eclipse Mars with PyDev installed on
Windows 7.  This allows me to CTRL-click on methods calls to link to
their source, etc.  I also use this for some amount of code
modification and can run some amount of unit tests after pip
installing a lot of dependencies.  This is more of a convenience
method though.

For real development where you will contribute back I suggest running
Linux VM on Windows where you can then use command line git and tox.