[openstack-dev] [kolla][vote] Just make Mitaka deploy Liberty within the Liberty branch

Michał Jastrzębski inc007 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 14:23:04 UTC 2016

So, a plan.

My idea about this backport is to:

1. We write Mitaka code deploying Liberty, just liberty (remove
deploy_liberty nonsense from patchset above)
2. We mark this code as Kolla 1.1.0 effectively deprecating what we
call liberty today
3. Most of bugs found in master/stable-mitaka will also be relevant to
liberty so brace for backports of bugfixes

So what I am going to do:
1. Make patchset above deploy Liberty (only liberty) for source builds
2. After mitaka will be cut off, we do code copying

What I need from you guys:
1. Someone help me figure out centos binary as it doesn't really use
sources from build-conf
2. Someone help me to check out if release of mariadb, rabbitmq and
other infra changed anything that will break Liberty, I highly doubt
it, but if you guys know about anything, shout out please.
3. Testing testing testing

Thoughts?
Michal