[openstack-dev] [ironic] Keeping up with RFEs

Jim Rollenhagen jim at jimrollenhagen.com
Wed Mar 23 15:43:23 UTC 2016

Hey all,

I just burned through every RFE we have filed. I've approved the ones
that are trivial or have a spec approved already (by changing the tag to
rfe-approved), asked for a spec on many others, and left the ones with
an unmerged spec alone.

Going forward, I plan to take a look at incoming RFEs weekly and triage
them. I'll bring some of them up in our weekly meeting if I think it
needs more discussion, but might not need a spec.

Where I need help:

* when a specs core approves a spec, they need to mark the RFE as
  approved.
* when folks are reviewing code patches, please do check the referenced
  bug. If it is an RFE and is not yet approved, please -2 the patch (or
  ask a core to do so, if you are not a core reviewer). If the RFE
  should have been approved, please ask a spec core to do so.

Some useful links here:

Unapproved RFEs: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic/+bugs?field.tag=rfe
Approved RFEs: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic/+bugs?field.tag=rfe-approved
Ironic cores: https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/165,members