[openstack-dev] [tc][election][ec2-api][winstackers][stable] status of teams without PTL candidates

Mike Perez thingee at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 04:01:14 UTC 2016

On 12:50 Mar 21, Tony Breeds wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 12:48:43PM -0400, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> > I won't be able to make the TC meeting this week because of travel,
> > so I wanted to lay out my thoughts on the three PTL-less projects
> > based on the outcome of the recent election (EC2-API, Winstackers,
> > and Stable Maintenance).
> >
> > The EC2-API project doesn't appear to be very actively worked on.
> > There is one very recent commit from an Oslo team member, another
> > couple from a few days before, and then the next one is almost a
> > month old. Given the lack of activity, if no team member has
> > volunteered to be PTL I think we should remove the project from the
> > official list for lack of interest.
>
> I don't like disclosing private communications but in this case I feel it's
> appropriate.
>
> The Current PTL contacted the Election officials after the nomination period
> closed and was instructed to reach out to the TC and community.
>
> > The Winstackers project is much more active in the repository, but
> > there doesn't seem to be much traffic on the mailing list. It's not
> > clear why no one signed up to be PTL, and I couldn't find a notice
> > that the current PTL is not running. I'm tempted to suggest removing
> > Winstackers from the official project list for lack of participation
> > in project governance, but perhaps a probation period is in order
> > since it's a relatively new team. Probation would depend on having
> > the team find a PTL volunteer, of course.

I think it's unfortunate that EC2-API and Winstackers are out of touch enough
from the community to miss important dates like this. With things like the
weekly dev mailing list digest that cover this [1], keeping up with the dev
list is not a great excuse. Keeping in mind things were first announced March
7th [2], and this has been in the Mitaka release schedule [3] for so long.

[2] - http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-March/088558.html
[3] - http://releases.openstack.org/mitaka/schedule.html

--
Mike Perez