[openstack-dev] [all][infra][ptls] tagging reviews, making tags searchable

Hayes, Graham graham.hayes at hpe.com
Fri Mar 18 14:37:06 UTC 2016

On 18/03/2016 14:19, Amrith Kumar wrote:
> As we were working through reviews for the Mitaka release, the Trove
> team was trying to track groups of reviews that were needed for a
> specific milestone, like m-1, or m-3 or in the recent days for rc1.
>
> The only way we could find was to have someone (in this instance, me)
> ‘star’ the reviews that we wanted and then have people look for reviews
> with ‘starredby:amrith’ and status:open.
>
> How do other projects do this? Is there a simple way to tag reviews in a
> searchable way?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -amrith

Gerrit can support arbitrary "Labels"

if you look at

https://github.com/openstack-infra/project-config/blob/d003569acdc68a5065d7043fc3700a9386fbf5cd/gerrit/acls/openstack/governance.config#L24-L30

You can see how the Roll-Call Label is enabled for the governance repo.

This could be set up as "Next-Release" and have it restricted to -cores.

Then a search for:

   "project:openstack/trove label:Next-Release=1 status:Open"

would work.

You could also use the gerrit-dash-creator[1] to create a dashboard for
reviewers.

We do that for designate - I keep
http://graham.hayes.ie/designate/dashboard up to date with the correct link.

Thanks,