[openstack-dev] [Ceilometer] Doubt about data recollection

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Tue Mar 15 14:39:18 UTC 2016

On 07/03/2016 11:47 AM, Alberto Gutiérrez Torre wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Istarted working with OpenStack's ceilometer recently and I have some
> questions that I can not resolve with the documentation I have found.
>
> I would like to have the telemetry of a node inside the node itself (for
> example, a virtual machine that resides in that node and processes the
> local information in some way) without passing through the global scope
> (Ceilometer API with the default settings). Is it possible? I have read
> about agent plugins and it may be a way to approach to the solution
> (http://docs.openstack.org/developer/ceilometer/contributing/plugins.html).

sorry, missed this while we were busy with release. can you clarify what
data you want? we currently have different agents that gather metrics in
various ways.

polling agents - periodic querying of various apis
	- compute/ipmi agents - exist on host and query for host and guest
level metrics
	- central agent - exist usually on controller node and query service apis

notification agents - listens to service queues for any messages published.

cheers,

--
gord