[openstack-dev] [tc] Question about electorate for project without gerrit contribution

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Mon Mar 14 22:56:06 UTC 2016

On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 12:11:01PM +0100, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> >I guess for teams with no deliverables *and* no extra ATCs, they
> >probably also don't need a PTL?
>
> My take is that those teams do not need to be an official project team
> either. We now require some activity before approving project teams, but
> packaging-deb passed before that requirement. It was approved 7 months ago
> and still no sign of activity, so it's not completely crazy to kick it back
> to non-official status (especially now that it doesn't trigger any
> repository rename).

I think that revisiting packaging-deb's status is a reasonable thing to do.
Having said that I do have some concerns with making that decision now that
the Newton PTL elections have begun.

I suppose if we follow the letter of the constitution:
 1. Only Monty can be PTL, assuming he doesn't nominate.
 2. There will be no candidates and it will fall on the TC to select a PTL[1]
    who's first and probably only action would be to remove the project's
    official status.

Which is probably the best outcome.

Yours Tony.

[1] http://governance.openstack.org/resolutions/20141128-elections-process-for-leaderless-programs.html