[openstack-dev] [Congress] PTL candidacy

Tim Hinrichs tim at styra.com
Fri Mar 11 17:24:23 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I'm writing to announce my continued candidacy for Congress PTL.

In the Mitaka cycle we've been working hard and making great progress on a
number of things.  The largest change is a new distributed architecture
built on top of oslo-messaging.  That architecture is key to enabling us to
meet the high-availability and high throughput demands that we've heard
from the field.  We also saw the first new mechanism since the project's
inception for injecting data into Congress, so that external systems can
push data, instead of Congress pulling it.  In Mitaka, we also completed
the transition to Python3, and implemented the plugin interface for both
tempest and devstack.  It's also exciting that over the last two cycles, we
have seen longer-term commitments to Congress from the community, with 1
new core reviewer this cycle, and two other incredibly active contributors.

In Newton, my primary technical goal is to complete the migration to our
new distributed architecture.  I also hope to have Congress leverage that
new architecture to provide high-availability and high-throughput
solutions.  I plan to continue discussions with other projects to
understand how and where Congress can be useful. Finally, I'm looking
forward to stengthening the developer community around Congress.

Tim