[openstack-dev] [release][all][ptl] preparing to create stable/mitaka branches for libraries

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Wed Mar 9 18:30:48 UTC 2016

Excerpts from Doug Hellmann's message of 2016-03-09 12:26:18 -0500:
> It's time to start opening the stable branches for libraries. I've
> prepared a list of repositories and the proposed versions from which
> we will create stable/mitaka branches, and need each team to sign off on
> the versions. If you know you intend to release a bug fix version in
> the next couple of days, we can wait to avoid having to backport
> patches, but otherwise we should go ahead and create the branches.
>
> I will process each repository as I hear from the owning team.
>
> openstack/ceilometermiddleware 0.4.0
> openstack/django_openstack_auth 2.2.0
> openstack/glance_store 0.13.0
> openstack/ironic-lib 1.1.0
> openstack/keystoneauth 2.3.0
> openstack/keystonemiddleware 4.3.0
> openstack/os-brick 1.1.0
> openstack/os-client-config 1.16.0
> openstack/pycadf 2.1.0
> openstack/python-barbicanclient 4.0.0
> openstack/python-brick-cinderclient-ext 0.1.0
> openstack/python-ceilometerclient 2.3.0
> openstack/python-cinderclient 1.6.0
> openstack/cliff 2.0.0
> openstack/python-designateclient 2.0.0
> openstack/python-glanceclient 2.0.0
> openstack/python-heatclient 1.0.0
> openstack/python-ironic-inspector-client 1.5.0
> openstack/python-ironicclient 1.2.0
> openstack/python-keystoneclient 2.3.1
> openstack/python-manilaclient 1.8.0
> openstack/python-neutronclient 4.1.1
> openstack/python-novaclient 3.3.0
> openstack/python-saharaclient 0.13.0
> openstack/python-swiftclient 3.0.0
> openstack/python-troveclient 2.1.0
> openstack/python-zaqarclient 1.0.0

One of the extra steps we're taking this time when creating the branch
is trying to propose an automated update to the release notes build to
include the new branch in the output. Based on a couple of the patches I
see now, there are some bad assumptions about indentation and toctree
content ordering in the part of the script that creates those patches.
Please review them carefully, and take them over and fix them if they
fail to build properly. We'll work on improving the script for the next
cycle.

Doug