[openstack-dev] [TripleO] IPv4 network isolation testing update

Dan Prince dprince at redhat.com
Sat Mar 5 00:07:33 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-03-03 at 21:38 -0500, Dan Prince wrote:
> Some progress today:
>
> After rebuilding the test-env workers nodes in our CI rack to support
> multiple-nics we got a stack to go into CREATE_COMPLETE with network
> isolation enabled in CI.
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/288163/
>
> Have a look at the Ceph result here:
>
> http://logs.openstack.org/63/288163/1/check-tripleo/gate-tripleo-ci-f
> 22
> -ceph/a284105/console.html
>
> After the stack goes to CREATE_COMPLETE it then failed promptly with
> HTTP 503 error. I think this might have been from python-
> keystoneclient's init code (perhaps trying to get keystone endpoints
> or
> something). I haven't quite tracked this down yet.
>
> Anyways, this is progress. The stack completed, validations passed,
> but
> it failed during post deployment configuration somewhere. If anyone
> has
> ideas in the meantime please feel free to comment here or on the
> patches.

Ben Nemec pointed out that the http_proxy environment variable was the
cause of our keystone initialization failures. With a simple extra
'unset http_proxy' if finally started passing today:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/288163/

Thanks gfidente and derekh for all the help and debugging on this.

Dan