[openstack-dev] [all][i18n] Liaisons for I18n

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Fri Mar 4 11:36:50 UTC 2016

Le 04/03/2016 12:24, Ihar Hrachyshka a écrit :
> Tony Breeds <tony at bakeyournoodle.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 05:26:44PM +0800, Ying Chun Guo wrote:
>>
>>> If you are interested to be a liaison and help translators,
>>> input your information here:
>>> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/CrossProjectLiaisons#I18n .
>>
>> So https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/CrossProjectLiaisons#I18n
>>
>> says the CPL needs to be a core.  That reduces the potential pool of
>> people to
>> those that are already busy.  Is there a good reason for that?
>>
>> I'd suspect all that's required is a good working relationship with
>> the project
>> cores.
>
> Yes. I believe it’s fair to say that most liaison positions do not
> require coreship (which is strictly about review participation and not
> the only indicator of person’s involvement in the project).

I don't see much of interest of asking people to be cores and that's
even counter-productive.
We should rather welcome any contributor willing to help the projects so
that their could flourish nicely.

On a practical PoV, only the Zanata translation patches are really
needing approval rights, but that's something a i18n non-core CPL could
manage just by raising the priority to the core team whenever needed.

-Sylvain