[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] Unable to get IPMI meter readings

Kapil kapil6442 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 18:33:56 UTC 2016

So, we upgraded our openstack install from Juno to Kilo 2015.1.1
Not sure if this fixed some stuff, but I can now get samples for
hardware.ipmi.(fan|temperature). However, I want to get
hardware.ipmi.node.power samples and I get the following error in the
ceilometer log-

ERROR ceilometer.agent.base [-] Skip loading extension for
hardware.ipmi.node.power

I edited pipeline.yaml as follows-
sources:
- name: meter_ipmi
      interval: 10
      resources:
          - "ipmi://<ip address I get from ipmitool lan print>"
      meters:
          - "hardware.ipmi.node.power"
      sinks:
          - ipmi_sink
sinks:
 - name: ipmi_sink
      transformers:
      publishers:
          - notifier://?per_meter_topic=1

I also checked "rabbitmqctl list_queues | grep metering" and all the queues
are empty.

Do I need to change anything in ceilometer.conf or on the controller nodes
? Currently, I am working only with the compute node and only running
ceilometer queries from controller node.

Thanks

Regards,
Kapil Agarwal