[openstack-dev] [Horizon] Blueprints for Outreachy internship

Matthias Runge mrunge at redhat.com
Wed Mar 2 08:07:09 UTC 2016

On 29/02/16 12:41, Sayali Lunkad wrote:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> Thanks for the links to the blueprints. I in fact did checkout the list
> of bps earlier but I found many of them have not been approved yet. I
> can give you a list of bps I would like to mentor for, from which we
> could perhaps select one or two for the internship program depending on
> which of these can be approved.

Hey Sayali,

> Here is the list:
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/horizon/+spec/enable-download-multiple-objects
> <goog_1625666129>

Swift interface is currently changing quite quickly, see
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/258769/ and related.

> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/horizon/+spec/horizon-multiple-objects-uploading
> <goog_1625666129>

Same here, it's Horizon's swift interface, which changes right now.
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/horizon/+spec/horizon-reports-in-different-formats
> <goog_1625666129>

This is something, which still requires discussion; I strongly believe,
Horizon is not a reporting tool at all.

> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/horizon/+spec/swift-direct-upload
> <goog_1625666129>
Swift, same as above

> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/horizon/+spec/instance-backup
> <goog_1625666129>

I'd support the idea, the blueprint is a bit thin, I would expect this
to be implemented quickly.

> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/horizon/+spec/select-all-checkbox-object-containers

Swift, see above

> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/horizon/+spec/per-user-limit-summary

This is something, one could implement, yes. Still the blueprint is a
bit thin though.

Best,
Matthias