[openstack-dev] [Horizon] Blueprints for Outreachy internship

Richard Jones r1chardj0n3s at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 08:44:00 UTC 2016

Hi Sayali,

Sorry I missed your original message, and thanks Matthias for responding.
Indeed the new Swift UI is currently being merged. Some of those blueprints
you list are things I'd like to see once the basic reimplementation is
landed. Select-all is already in the new version though (though we'd like
to see hotkey support in there). There's also a bunch of good work done by
the OpenStack UX team on the interface - changes that we'll look at rolling
in during the N cycle. My wishlist (also my TODO list), which doesn't have
blueprints yet, includes:

- https://github.com/chieffancypants/angular-hotkeys for cmd/ctrl-a
select-all
- https://github.com/danialfarid/ng-file-upload
- Recursive delete of folders
- replacing SimpleModals with bootstrap modals
- Support for >10k objects, most likely requiring Searchlight
- Support for >1k containers (filtering)
- Switch to action registry
- Implement UX’s design ideas
- Copy / rename of objects

      Richard