[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Hitting Mitaka Milestone 3 and feature freeze exception process

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 18:39:43 UTC 2016

Hi Neutrinos,

As I am sure all of you know, this week is Milestone week [1], for this
reason, we need to cut releases for both neutron, neutron *-aas, and the
client. Patches [2, 3] are still in draft, and whilst stuff is in flight,
we'll hold on until we have reached a sensible point where it's safe to
land them with the right hashes.

That said, not everything is complete and we'll need a few feature freeze
exceptions.

This cycle I would like to experiment with a new exception process: I
proposed a change to neutron-specs [4]. I would like to invite anyone who
has been identified as feature owner [5] (or anyone who actively
participated on the development of the feature as approver or simply
interested party), to comment on the status of the feature, so that I can
assess (with your help) if the feature is complete, whether it can safely
be granted an exception (being very close to being complete) or if it needs
to be deferred altogether.

So, consider this a collective sign-off. We'll look into finalizing this
document once we have the first release candidate. Then, this document can
be used as a base for Newton planning.

For any questions/comments, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,
Armando

[1] http://releases.openstack.org/mitaka/schedule.html
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/286609