[openstack-dev] [all] Status of the OpenStack port to Python 3

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Thu Jun 23 00:42:41 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 12:13:21PM +0200, Victor Stinner wrote:
> Le 22/06/2016 à 10:49, Thomas Goirand a écrit :
> > Do you think it looks like possible to have Nova ported to Py3 during
> > the Newton cycle?
>
> It doesn't depend on me: I'm sending patches, and then I have to wait for
> reviews. The question is more how to accelerate reviews.

Clearly I'm far from authorative but given how close we are to R-14 which is
the Nova non-priority feature freeze[1] and the python3 port isn't listed as
a priority[2] I'd guess that this wont land in Newton.

[1] http://releases.openstack.org/newton/schedule.html#nova-non-priority-feature-freeze
[2] http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/nova-specs/priorities/newton-priorities.html

Yours Tony.