[openstack-dev] [all] Status of the OpenStack port to Python 3

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Wed Jun 22 10:13:21 UTC 2016

Le 22/06/2016 à 10:49, Thomas Goirand a écrit :
> Do you think it looks like possible to have Nova ported to Py3 during
> the Newton cycle?

It doesn't depend on me: I'm sending patches, and then I have to wait
for reviews. The question is more how to accelerate reviews.

Right now, I'm splitting the great work made by dims during the previous
cycle, 2 giant patches for nova, into smaller patches which should be
easier to review.

When I will have enough changes, I will try to create to taskforce to
review these changes. I don't expect that nova core reviewers have
enough time to review all these changes. It would prefer to have a first
review step made by contributors interested by Python 3.

My current Python 3 patches for nova:

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/nova+branch:master+topic:bp/nova-python3

dims patches:

* (1/2) https://review.openstack.org/262083