[openstack-dev] [Kuryr][Magnum] - Kuryr nested containers and Magnum Integration

Vikas Choudhary choudharyvikas16 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 06:36:46 UTC 2016

Hi All,

Following is the tasks split-up:

*Kuryr:*

   1. Refactoring existing code into kuryr common library(kuryr-server)(to
   be run on controller node and responsible for communication with other
   openstack services) and kuryr agent(vif binding) including rpc support.
   2. Enhancing Kuryr server and agent for subport CRUD operations and vlan
   tagging of subports.

Magnum:

   1. Support to pass neutron network names at container creation apis such
   as pod-create in k8s case.
   2. If Kuryr is used as network driver at bay creation, update heat
   template creation logic for kuryr-agent provisioning on all the bay nodes.
   This will also include passing required configuration and credentials also.

Please feel free to update any action item which i might have missed.

I have started working on refactoring part. Soon will push first patch for
review comments.

-Vikas