[openstack-dev] [Monasca] Locked (latched) alarms

Hochmuth, Roland M roland.hochmuth at hpe.com
Tue Jun 21 16:18:42 UTC 2016

Hi Witek, Thanks for the blueprint. We can review tomorrow if you would like. Personally, I like the term "locked". The alarm definition makes more sense (option 2). I don't think an operator will want to lock/latch an alarm sub-expression. The operator will want to lock/latch an entire alarm. Therefore, what seems to make sense is adding the new capability to the alarm definition as it applies to the entire alarm. We had a similar internal discussion a couple of months ago, and that is the same conclusion that we came too.

Regards --Roland