[openstack-dev] [Monasca] Locked (latched) alarms

witold.bedyk at est.fujitsu.com witold.bedyk at est.fujitsu.com
Tue Jun 21 10:38:26 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

I have written a short blueprint on locked/latched alarms for Monasca [1]. The functionality allows the operator to define an alarm which after transition to ALARM state, stays in that state until it is manually reset.

What name should we use for that? Locked, lockable, latched, sticky? Something else?

I would also welcome feedback on a general implementation idea. Should we make it in the same way as the deterministic alarms, by extending the AlarmExpression? Or would it be enough to add the property to AlarmDefinition (option 2)? I tend to the second solution. The change in the logic of monasca-thresh would then be limited to AlarmThresholdingBolt. evaluateThreshold as far as I understand. Craig and Roland, could you comment on that please?

Cheers
Witek

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/monasca/+spec/locked-alarms

----
Witold Bedyk
Senior Software Engineer

FUJITSU Enabling Software Technology GmbH
Schwanthalerstr. 75a, 80336 München

Telefon: +49 89 360908-547
Telefax: +49 89 360908-8547
COINS: 7941-6547

Sitz der Gesellschaft: München
AG München, HRB 143325
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Yuji Takada, Hans-Dieter Gatzka, Christian Menk