[openstack-dev] [Monasca] influxDB clustering and HA will be "commercial option".

Hochmuth, Roland M roland.hochmuth at hpe.com
Thu Jun 2 07:32:08 UTC 2016

My understanding of Prometheus is that it doesn't support HA, fault-tolerant clustering either.

The recommendation from the Prometheus developers for HA and fault-tolerance/reliability is to run multiple Prometheus servers with one server scraping metrics from another server.

To do something similar in Monasca you could run multiple instances of InfluxDB using the Kafka metrics topic and multiple consumer groups to replicate all metrics to each InfluxDB server, or use the InfluxDB Relay project at, https://github.com/influxdata/influxdb-relay.

The non-clustered version of InfluxDB remains free and open-source. It is only the clustered version of InfluxDB that has now moved to a closed source license.