[openstack-dev] [Kolla] [Fuel] [tc] Looks like Mirantis is getting Fuel CCP (docker/k8s) kicked off

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Wed Jul 27 03:52:10 UTC 2016

Jim,

Thinking like Kevin's below are the reason I asked for the two requested
changes.  He isn't the only person to think along these lines.  His
argument is coherent and logical and if you analyze his response he
indicates his perception is the four opens are not being followed by Fuel.

It is the responsibility of every OpenStack community member to protect
the four opens.  The four opens are the founding of OpenStack's
fundamental tenants.  Even if the reality is Fuel is participating in the
OpenStack community using the four opens, people may not perceive it as
such based upon the many reviews linked in this thread.

As can be seen by Kevin's email, perception matters.

Clearly Mirantis is committed to this effort with two pages of Mirantis
reviews outstanding.

What precisely is the harm in acknowledging the _truth_ directly in the
governance repo?

Regards
-steve