[openstack-dev] [Kolla] [Fuel] [tc] Looks like Mirantis is getting Fuel CCP (docker/k8s) kicked off

Jim Rollenhagen jim at jimrollenhagen.com
Tue Jul 26 21:13:32 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 08:36:01PM +0000, Steven Dake (stdake) wrote:
> Dims,
>
> The project-config addition was debated by Andreas before this partnership
> in this press release was announced and the full intent of the project was
> understood.  The argument I see used in the review  is that since fuel-ccp
> not part of Newton, it doesn't need to be in the projects.yaml file.
> Given the intent of the project is obvious (to me) from the press release
> to join the big tent, my two requests still apply.  At present this
> project may be perceived as "flying under the radar" and further not
> following the four opens as I already stated.

I'm confused, what specifically is happening that is against the four
opens? What part of the press release implies big tent in the future?

> The two requests were:
>
> 1. Please submit the repositories for projects.yaml TC oversight
> 2. Please change Fuel's mission statement to match reality of this
> announcement

Why? The current mission statement is "To streamline and accelerate the
process of deploying, testing and maintaining various configurations of
OpenStack at scale." I don't see why anything about this announcement
doesn't fit into that mission statement.

// jim