[openstack-dev] [release][kolla] Error in tagging process by release liason

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Tue Jul 26 12:55:43 UTC 2016

Excerpts from Steven Dake (stdake)'s message of 2016-07-23 18:27:00 +0000:
> Doug and friends,
>
> I made a pretty serious error when tagging kolla-kubernetes originally.  Kolla-kubernetes is in development and not in a production ready state.  We also don't intend to apply for many if any tags for this repository until it becomes more mature.  We do not intend to do backports to this repository once Newton is released.
>
> The original tag should have been 0.1.0.0b1.  The second milestone tag was 0.1.1 (which should have been 0.1.0.0b2).  I caught this during Doug's review but it was merged before I had a chance to talk to the release team about solutions to this problem.
>
> I don't expect to rewrite the tags or any of that.  I'd like guidance on what to do for milestone 3 and Ocatta as well (where I guess we can just reset on 0.2.0.0b1).
>
> Regards
> -steve

kolla-kubernetes uses the release:independent model, for which we don't
really intend to support beta-style milestone tags. The version number
is already a pre-1.0 version, which should clearly indicate instability
and immaturity to anyone consuming it.

Milestone 3 should continue to use semantic versioning and either
use 0.1.2 or 0.2.0 depending on the content. If you want to change
the release model to cycle-with-milestones for Ocata, we can do
that between the end of Newton and the first Ocata milestone.

Doug