[openstack-dev] [release][kolla] Error in tagging process by release liason

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Sat Jul 23 18:27:00 UTC 2016

Doug and friends,

I made a pretty serious error when tagging kolla-kubernetes originally.  Kolla-kubernetes is in development and not in a production ready state.  We also don't intend to apply for many if any tags for this repository until it becomes more mature.  We do not intend to do backports to this repository once Newton is released.

The original tag should have been 0.1.0.0b1.  The second milestone tag was 0.1.1 (which should have been 0.1.0.0b2).  I caught this during Doug's review but it was merged before I had a chance to talk to the release team about solutions to this problem.

I don't expect to rewrite the tags or any of that.  I'd like guidance on what to do for milestone 3 and Ocatta as well (where I guess we can just reset on 0.2.0.0b1).

Regards
-steve