[openstack-dev] [Openstack] Filter ComputeCapabilitiesFilter returned 0 hosts

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Mon Jul 25 20:27:50 UTC 2016

I'm looking at the documentation at

  http://docs.openstack.org/icehouse/config-reference/content/section_compute-scheduler.html#computecapabilitiesfilter

----- s n i p -----
ComputeCapabilitiesFilter

Matches properties defined in an instance type's extra specs against compute capabilities.

If an extra specs key contains a colon ":", anything before the colon is treated as a namespace, and anything after the colon is treated as the key to be matched. If a namespace is present and is not 'capabilities', it is ignored by this filter.

I've read that section several times now, but I don't understand.
What does it actually mean??

What is "an instance type's extra specs"? And where do I set it?
--
You know, boys, a nuclear reactor is a lot like a woman.
You just have to read the manual and press the right buttons